Skin Care Kit Use Instructions
Acne Treatment Kit Instructions
1. Gently cleanse skin with Gentle Cleanser. Wet face first with warm water, then apply a large pea size drop of cleanser and gently rub in a circular motion over the entire face and rinse off with warm (not hot) water. Blot dry rather than rub the skin.
2. Tea Tree Oil is an excellent antibacterial agent but can be very drying to the skin. Use a cotton swab that has been dipped in Tea Tree Oil and dab only on the individual infected pimples (not over the entire face). Start as soon as blemishes appear and continue uninterrupted twice daily or more until healed.
3. Apply a small amount of the Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel to clean skin, avoiding contact with the eyes. Never use an abrasive type exfoliant such as sea salt, sugar, apricot kernel scrubs or loofa on inflamed skin. Rinse hands after application. If irritation occurs, reduce to once daily. Some may need to start with two or three weekly appllcations and slowly work up to once or twice daily
4. Apply only enough emu oil to spread evenly over affected area. Start with only one drop.
5. For daytime wear always follow up with sunscreen with a minimum of SPF15 and the active UVA screening ingredient Avobenzone. Sunscreens containing avobenzone are recommended for oily skin since they do not clog pores. Some good products are Neutrogena Age Shield Sunblock with SPF30 or Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion with SPF30. We can supply our Daily Shade Formula SPF30 Sunscreen as well. It is extremely important to follow this routine twice daily. Interrupting this routine will allow new blemishes to become established.
Psoriasis Treatment Kit Instructions
1. Gently cleanse psoriasis patches with Gentle Cleanser.
2. Apply a small amount of the 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel to clean skin, avoiding contact with the eyes. Do not use abrasive type exfoliants such as sea salt, sugar, or apricot kernel scrubs, or even loofah sponges while using Beta Hydroxy Acid exfoliants.
3. Apply a sufficient amount of Pure Emu Oil to cover inflamed patches. For example: A small pea size drop is enough to cover both hands or the elbow area.
Follow the above routine twice daily. Even though this BHA solution is only 1%, you may experience some irritation from the BHA solution while your skin becomes accustom to it. Decrease to once a day or less then gradually increase to twice daily.
For Psoriasis of the scalp:
Massage a few drops of Pure Emu Oil into the scalp, let it sit for an hour or so and then gently shampoo. As an overnight treatment use only the emu oil and protect linens by wearing a cap then gently shampoo in the morning. Do not use the Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel on the scalp. Repeat this treatment daily if possible.
Keratosis Pilaris Kit Instructions
1. Gently cleanse affected area with cleanser and gently towel dry.
2. Apply 8% Alpha Hydroxy Acid solution to affected areas once daily, usually in the evening. You may want to start with 2 or 3 applications per week at first to allow your skin to become accustomed to the AHA, then increase to daily applications. Allow to dry. If the treated area will be exposed to the sun, wear a sunscreen.
3. Sparingly apply Emu Oil to affected areas twice daily. The bumps should start to diminish within a few days.
Healthy Skin Maintenance Kit Instructions:
1. Cleanse face with Gentle Cleanser. Wet skin first with warm water, then apply a large pea size drop of cleanser and gently rub in a circular motion over the entire face and rinse off with tepid water and blot rather than wipe dry..
2. Apply a small amount of 8% Alpha Hydroxy or 2% Beta Hydroxy Acid Gel to clean skin, avoiding area immediately around the eyes. Apply the Gel only 3 times a week initially and work your way up to daily use preferably in the evening. Rinse hands after use.
3. For daytime - use the Daily Shade Formula SPF 30 moisturizer and sunscreen. Reapply every few hours to maintain protection especially if perspiring heavily or swimming.
4. For night time - use the Pure Emu Oil. After cleansing and exfoliating apply a pea size drop of oil to the entire face and neck area. A second application around the eyes is especially helpful.